In the heart of Oregon's Willamette
Valley, Salem Health is the Heart of Healing. At
the heart of healing is every patient…cared for by compassionate,
skilled people…who are supported with exceptional
technology…committed to high standards…in an environment designed
to comfort and heal. Join our incredible team of professionals who
are consistently meeting the challenges of achieving clinical
quality second to none, service that exceeds expectations and
performance that sustains our mission. That's why Salem
Hospital is a Magnet®-recognized facility and is a three-time
recipient of the Beacon Award!
Salem Health is seeking a dynamic,
experienced, team-oriented and quality focused leader to assume the
role of Neuroscience, Orthopedic and Rehabilitation Service
Lines Director. This position reports directly to the
Chief Operating Officer and will be responsible for the direction
and operational management of the Service Lines, including
accountability for clinical and technical process, staff
development, physician relationships and equipment.
Service Line Leaders function in an
interlocking matrix environment with direct responsibilities across
the entire system which can only be fulfilled through a
collaborative working relationship with each member of the Senior
Management Team. Service Line leaders maintain direct
responsibility for all operational facets of the designated service
line across Salem Health's primary and secondary service areas, and
numerous regional sites for which he/she may have direct
responsibility or may act in a consultative and/or support
The Service Line Leader works
collaboratively with medical staff, community leaders, agencies and
payers to carry out the goals and objectives outlined in the
strategic plan. A key role of the Service Line Leader is to build
strong relationships within the system while integrating and, where
appropriate, consolidating services for his/her defined service
The incumbent is responsible for
planning, organizing, implementing and maintaining strategic and
operational plans and initiatives for the Neuroscience, Orthopedic,
and Rehabilitation Service Lines, and maintains direct management
responsibility for the following departments and programs:
Rehabilitation Center, Joint Replacement Center, Spine Center,
Stroke Center, Neurodegenerative programs, and other programs as
defined by the Strategic Plan.
Duties include, but are not
- Accountable for strategic planning, service line evaluation,
action plan implementation, marketing, quality improvement,
financial, regulatory and accreditation performance.
- Provide leadership in partnership with the site medical
director to Physicians, hospital leadership and staff from
throughout the organization to develop and achieve objectives.
- Facilitate excellent communications through enhancement of
professional/public relationships both internally and
- Responsible for evaluating direct business initiative and
recommending actions that will improve services.
- Provide management and supervision of the service lines,
including: clinical and budgetary planning, financial, designing,
integrating and coordinating patient care and services.
- Participate in forming department policy, procedures, and goals
for quality patient care.
- Responsible for achieving positive outcome measures in cost,
quality, and patient satisfaction.
Knowledge, Skills and
- Position requires understanding of patient flow, clinical
quality, strategic planning, project management, program
implementation, physician partnership development as well as
referral relations and marketing/community health
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to apply age-specific
principles of growth and development and life stages.
- Adequate visual and hearing ability to read and communicate
with a wide variety of customers.
- Excellent communication oral and written communication skills,
analytical skills applied to markets and clinical service
development, data management, analysis and presentation skills,
knowledge of CQI methodology, facilitation skills, knowledge of
regulatory issues, ability to work collaboratively with a wide
variety of leadership staff and physicians.
- Excellent computer skills including experience with excel,
access and data report development
Salem Health is seeking the following
core strengths, as defined by the Gallup Organization:
- Service: A drive to be of service to
- Ethics: A clear understanding of right and wrong which
guides your actions.
- Responsibility: A need to assume personal
accountability for your work.
- Problem Solving: An ability to think things through
with incomplete data.
- Empathy: An ability to identify the feelings and
perspectives of others.
- Team: A need to build feelings of mutual
In addition to the core strengths,
Salem Health is also seeking the following job-specific strengths,
as defined by the Gallup Organization:
- Achiever: A drive that is internal, constant and
- Vision: A drive to plan value-based word pictures about
- Performance Orientation: A need to be objective and
- Strategic Thinking: An ability to play out alternate
scenarios in the future.
- Interpersonal Relating: An ability to purposely
capitalize upon relationships.
- Activator: An impatience to move others into action.
The successful incumbent must
- Minimum of a Master's Degree in Health Care Administration,
Business Administration or a related field (any equivalent
combination of education and/or experience will be
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience
- Minimum of five (5) years healthcare administrative experience
with clinical and administrative responsibilities, including
strategic planning, marketing, budgeting, customer service,
performance improvement and working with physicians to
change/improve service levels.
- Minimum of five (5) years leadership experience in a healthcare
organization required, clinical management experience
Professional histories must
reflect stability and progressive success. Only those with
impeccable professional ethics will be considered.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience with an excellent
INTERESTED?Apply online today at:
Salem Hospital is an EEO Employer committed to a diverse