Finding meaning in your work is more than
fate. It's Providence.
Providence Health &
Services is recruiting for a Regional Director - Nursing
Research, Practice and Quality to be based in Portland,
In this position, you
• Report directly into the Regional Chief
• Be accountable for promoting and
monitoring the quality of all nursing services throughout the
Oregon Region, focusing on research/evidence based practice and
standards, patient safety, and nurse sensitive clinical/operational
• Be accountable for the oversight and
coordination of Regional Nursing's quality and patient safety
programs and participation in the National Database for Nursing
Quality Indicators (for the acute care facilities) and other
• Strategically ensure a balance of
optimal, effective and efficient safe patient care and
collaborative partnerships between all clinical disciplines and
• Develop a regional model for directing
and supporting nursing research in order to advance professional
practice and improve care to those we serve regardless of the care
• Collaborate with medical staff education
and other clinical disciplines to provide education on clinical and
population based research; lead and conduct research initiatives;
assists with publications and manuscripts and communicates directly
with outside agencies to ensure their completion.
• Work with Regional grant writers to
obtain grant funding for initiatives.
Required qualifications for this position
• Graduate of accredited School of Nursing
and Masters Degree in nursing or related field.
• Doctoral Degree in Nursing, Education or
related field required. Will consider those who are in enrolled and
pursuing doctoral degree.
• Current, unencumbered licensure as RN or
Advanced Practice Nurse by Oregon State Board of
• Minimum 5 years experience in clinical
practice; Acute Care experience required, prefer experience with a
variety of patient care services in a complex healthcare
• Demonstrated 3 years experience in
management and leadership, quality and research, project management
and change/transitions theory.
• Successful completion of research
activities including their publication and
• Trained in LEAN (includes Releasing Time
to Care), CAP and Workout, or completed training within 2 years of
Preferred qualifications for this position
• PhD preferred although DNP, EdD, or other
terminal degrees will be considered.
When applying online, please reference job
For more information please
Providence Health & Services is an
equal opportunity employer who provides competitive benefits, a
drug-free workplace and supports work/life